Monday, October 7, 2013

Homemade Apple Sauce

This post is going to kick off my fall festivity extravaganzaaaaaa!!! No but seriously, I. Love. Fall. ILOVEIT! I love the changing of the leaves, and football season, and pumpkin carving and the smells, and Halloween and everything! It's great, so buckle up!

This weekend a couple girlfriends and I went to a local farm and bought home grown apples. I love farm apples because there's no modifications and they are bigger and juicier and more delicious - and cheaper! I bought 12 mondo sized apples for like 3 bucks! Awesome. We came back to my house, lit a pumpkin spiced candle and settled in for a Halloween movie marathon while the apples cooked.... If you're wondering, we watched Clue, Double Double Toil and Trouble, Casper, and Hocus Pocus (wellll, we didn't watch all of them, we chatted and drank wine while they played in the background).

Here's the recipe for homemade applesauce:

Ingredients:

  • 10 large cooking apples
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon 
  • 1/2 c. sugar


How To Cook It

  • peel and core the apples
  • add all ingredients into a crock pot
  • cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours


It's that frackin' EASY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment