Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tomato and Cheese Tortellini Soup



I know I have been doing a lot of soups lately but I just love them in the winter months. They warm the soul after a long cold day. And an added bonus about soups, they are so easy to make and so hard to screw up! I made this a couple weeks ago for Husband and a couple of friends and they all went back for seconds. I call that a win.


Ingredients:

  • 1 (9oz.) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
  • 2 (10oz.) cans condensed tomato soup (do not dilute) 
  • 2 c. vegetable broth
  • 2 c. milk (I used 1% but really I think you should go by how thick you want your soup to be)
  • 2 c. half and half
  • 1/2 c. chopped sun dried tomatoes (the kind in a jar with olive oil)
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder 
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. parmesan cheese (plus a little more for garnish)


How To Cook It:

  • cook the tortellini according to package instructions, set aside
  • in a large pot, combine soup, broth, milk, half and half, tomatoes, and spices
  • heat ingredients through, the soup will thicken slightly, stir frequently
  • drain the tortellini and add it and the cheese to the soup
  • heat through
  • serve with sprinkled parmesan on top


No comments:

Post a Comment