Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Breadcrumb Pasta

Last week I didn't go to the grocery store. We were only going to be home for three days and I was lazy and didn't feel like shopping, so I scrounged the pantry for some basic ingredients and kind of did this on a whim. It actually turned out pretty good!


Ingredients: 

  • 2/3 c. bread crumbs, I used Italian Style
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 6 cloves of garlic, minced (I used 2 Tbsp of ready minced stuff that comes in a jar)
  • 1/2 package (8oz.) linguine (but really you can use any pasta)
  • 1 Tbsp dried parsley
  • 3 tsp lemon juice
  • garlic seasoning, to taste
  • black pepper, to taste
  • red pepper flakes, to taste
  • garlic pepper, to taste (I don't really know on these four, I just kept going until I liked it...) 
  • 2 Tbsp parmesan (stinky) cheese
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 Tbsp pesto
  • *OPTIONAL* if you'd like a low carb option of spaghetti squash substitute follow the link here

How To Cook It 

  • cook chicken in olive oil and Italian spices, set aside
  • heat 1 1/2 Tbsp oil in pan on medium heat, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring consistently
  • add red pepper flakes, remove from heat and let sit 
  • cook pasta, drain and place in large bowl
  • add the rest of the olive oil, garlic mixture, parsley, lemon juice, spices, and parmesan cheese
  • toss gently to combine
  • serve with chicken on top and a dash of pesto if you'd like


I was really kind of amazed at how good it was; and husband inhaled it so I'm going to assume he liked it as well. I'll definitely have to remember this the next time I run out of groceries. Happy late Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment