Thursday, November 14, 2013

Quick Quesadillas

Husband has had a night time training session all week so I have been scrambling to make dinner in the 1 hour we have between work and training - that is one hour from the time I leave my work desk until he has to be at training, so yeah... pretty tight.


Last night I had a bit of an "aha" moment: we had chicken quiona soup two nights ago and I had some left over tortillas from some crunch wraps I made last week; I always have pico de gallo and cheese on hand. BAM! quesadillas! I realize most of you know how to make quesadillas, but juuuuust in case you don't, here it is.


Ingredients: 

  • tortillas - burrito sized, not those little wimpy ones
  • cooked chicken - chopped (can be light or dark meat, whichever you prefer)
  • 1 avocado
  • cheese of your choice
  • pico de gallo (home made recipe here)


How To Cook It

  • preheat a non-stick pan to medium high heat OR use a panini press or griddle (I used a panini press, if you don't have one, get one! Mine is amazeballs! It's a griddler and panini press, and it's plates detach for easy cleaning.)
  • place a handful of chopped chicken on half of tortilla, followed by 1/4 of a chopped avocado, and a couple spoonfuls of pico de gallo
  • top with cheese (however much looks good to you, this isn't rocket science)
  • fold tortilla in half and place on the panini press until the tortilla starts to get crispy and a little golden brown (if you're using a non stick pan obviously flip it when it starts to get golden brown)
  • cut in to quarters (I used a pizza cutter) and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment