Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Home Made Crunch Wraps

So I've discovered that I can't really eat fast food anymore. It just gives me "rock gut". But, I CAN re-create fast food at home and a lot of the time it turns out more delicious and nutritious than I would get anyway, win/win right?


Ingredients:

  • large flout tortillas (burrito style) 
  • small tostadas
  • 1lb ground beef
  • taco seasoning, to taste (I did about a tablespoon)
  • 1 - 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • shredded lettuce
  • chedder or a mexican blend cheese, grated
  • nacho cheese sauce
  • sour cream

How To Cook It: 

  • brown the beef in a skillet and add taco seasoning according to directions, set aside
  • microwave the flour tortillas for about 15 seconds (this is optional but it helps them to fold easier)
  • lay out the flour tortilla, spoon some of the ground beef on, followed by the cheese (both nacho and grated, if you choose)
  • top with the corn tostada
  • spread sour cream on top of the tostada
  • top that with shredded lettuce, tomato, and onion
  • starting at the bottom, fold the edges of the flour tortilla up toward the center, continue until the whole thing is wrapped up (it will not cover the whole thing, that is okay)
  • using a panini press, or George Forman grill (or similar), OR a non-stick frying pan cook until flour tortilla starts to brown




Let that bad boy rest for a couple minutes (because it WILL be hot, and it WILL burn your mouth), add your favorite hot sauce, and nom down! 


And enjoy, I know I did....