Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas Stovetop Scent

This weekend I decorated for Christmas (yes, I'm that girl, get off me, I like Christmas). My cousin Molly came over and helped out and we made a Christmas themed day: we drank hot cocoa spiked with peppermint schnapps, decorated, and watched a Christmas movie. It was lovely and relaxing and perfect. I didn't buy a tree yet (come on, I'm not that crazy) there wasn't really the smell of Christmas in the air, so I decided to try one of the "simmering potpourris". I didn't have everything just lying around the house so I improvised a little but here it is:


 Ingredients: 

  • 2 clementines
  • 3 sage leaves
  • 1/2 of a whole nutmeg
  • a pinch of cloves
  • 1 c. cranberries
  • small handful of pomegranate seeds 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 


How To Make It Smell

  • Uhhhh, throw it all in a small pot with water filled up 1 inch below the brim and place it on your stovetop on low. It's not rocket science...


No comments:

Post a Comment