Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chinese Chicken Salad

I've been doing this recipe for so long, I can't even remember where it came from. Did I make it up, get it from a friend, internet? No idea. But it is super easy and quick so I make it anytime I'm a) feeling lazy b) it's hot out and I don't want to turn the oven/stove on c) I'm feeling fat d) so starving I can't wait to finish dinner so I can shovel it all in my mouth as fast as possible.


Ingredients

  • 1 package of cole slaw mix
  • sugar snap peas OR snow peas (either will work), chopped
  • 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, chopped
  • approx 4 c. cooked chicken, chopped (I usually grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and I just use the white meat)
  • 4 stalks of green onion, chopped
  • 1/4 c. slivered almonds
  • 1 pkg ramen noodles, dry
  • Asian/Chinese chicken salad dressing of your choice (I prefer either Cardini's Roasted Asian Sesame Dressing or Girard's Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing



How To Cook It

  • (if you bought a rotisserie chicken) pull chicken off the bone and chop
  • chop all veggies
  • in a large bowl combine, cole slaw mix (leave OUT the cole slaw dressing), peas, water chestnuts, chicken, and green onion, toss
  • add almonds and ramen noodles just before serving
  • dress to taste