Friday, May 2, 2014

Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwich


I have been obsessing over this recipe for a while now. I loooove chicken salad sandwiches but I hate mayonnaise (I know that seems like an oxymoron but it's just true). So I was so excited when I found this recipe that uses greek yogurt instead. This is the PERFECT meal on a hot summer day when you want something more substantial than salad but not heavy to weigh on your stomach in the summer heat. It's crisp, refreshing and just the right balance of sweet and savory.


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, shredded
  • 1/2 c. diced red onion ... I actually used onion powder because I'm not a fan of biting into raw onion but if that doesn't bother you then go for it!
  • 1/2 c. diced apple
  • 2/3 c. grapes, halved
  • 1/3 c. craisins
  • 1/4 c. sliced almonds
  • 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 rolls ciabatta bread, toasted, for serving.... I have since made it with just whole wheat sliced bread and I actually liked it a little better that way, I think with the ciabatta the bread to sandwich ratio goes awry HOWEVER ciabatta does make it seem fancier

How To Make It:

  • ummmmm it's not rocket science, toast (and maybe butter) your bread 
  • mix all the other ingredients together in a big bowl
  • serve on toasted bread


No comments:

Post a Comment