Thursday, May 22, 2014

Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana


So my personal favorite is Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli soup, but my mom is obsessed with their Zuppa Toscana so I thought I would give it a shot! I even got Erka's approval and she is a former Olive Garden employee people so buckle up! And yes, like I said in the Pasta Fagioli post, I know Olive Garden isn't "real" Italian. That doesn't mean it isn't delicious and doesn't cover my mouth in a party of awesome. Step off.


Ingredients: 


  • 1 lb. Italian sausage
  • 2 large yukon gold potatoes, cut in half lengthwise and then 1/4" thick (think little half moons)
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1/2 lb. bacon
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 c. kale, finely chopped
  • 2 cans (15oz) chicken stock
  • 1 qt. water
  • 1 c. half and half 



How To Cook It: 

  • brown sausage and break it up really well, drain and set aside
  • cook bacon, then chop it
  • place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot 
  • cook on medium heat until potatoes are done
  • add sausage, bacon, salt, and pepper to taste
  • simmer for another 10 minutes
  • turn to low heat, add kale and half and half 
  • heat through and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment