Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken

So I was cleaning out my Pinterest the other day, and I came across a recipe that I thought, "Nah, that looks too complicated, I'll never make that" and then I clicked on it and it included about 7 ingredients and looked super simple so I tweaked it a little for myself and made it and it was ah-maz-zing! First time around it was easy and the next few times just got simpler, I don't even look at the recipe anymore. And he beauty is, you can substitute bacon (which, OBVIOUSLY, I have done). It's a fabulous recipe to make when you want people to think you're gourmet because it looks like something you'd see in a restaurant. Use it to impress your friends (or your mom)!


Ingredients

  • 4 - 6 chicken breasts, sliced thin
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp flour, or more
  • 4 - 8 slices prosciutto, enough to cover your chicken breasts
  • 2 - 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • large handful green beans (I didn't really measure I just went for it)
  • 1/2 c. basil pesto
  • 2/3 c. cream

Wrapped and cooking chicken

How To Cook It

  • make sure your chicken breasts are on the thinner side, if not, pound them thinner
  • season chicken breasts with pepper, to taste
  • rub the chicken with flour
  • wrap each chicken breast with prosciutto
  • in a large skillet, heat the oil on medium
  • when skillet is hot, add the wrapped chicken breasts (they should crackle just a little when you set them in)
  • cook for 5 - 6 minutes and then flip and cook for another 4 - 5 minutes, until cooked through
  • meanwhile boil about 3 inches of water in a small pot
  • add the green beans to boiling water
  • cook green beans for about 5 minutes
  • immediately rinse green beans with cold water and set aside
  • in a small bowl, whisk together the pesto and cream
  • when the chicken is cooked, pour the pesto/cream sauce over the chicken and add the green beans
  • bring the mixture to a boil and then turn off the heat
  • enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment