Friday, July 5, 2013

Taco Salad

I wanted to applaud myself for my planning abilities: last night it was still super hot and I thought to myself "Self, you are so smart, you planned a no-stove/no-oven Taco Salad for dinner so you don't have to sweat all night!" .... then I remembered I had decided to make Rice Crispy Treats for the potluck at work today. I'm an idiot. Whatever.


Ingredients: 

Salad

  • 1 roast chicken - shredded
  • 1/2 bunch (approx) cilantro
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 2 roma tomatoes
  • 1 can black beans - rinsed
  • 1 c. sweet corn
  • 2 avocados
  • 1/2 bunch green onion
  • 1 head romaine lettuce - chopped

Dressing

  • 1 c. Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp taco seasoning
  • 1 tsp ranch seasoning


How To Cook It

  • chop and combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl - exclude the tortilla chips
  • mix Greek yogurt, taco seasoning and ranch seasoning in a small bowl - stir until blended
  • pour about half the dressing over the salad and coat the salad, adding more if needed
  • top with tortilla chips

Enjoy!